Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Missions Trips & Baseball

Yes, the title to my post is Missions Trips & Baseball....I think it's catchy, don't you?! I hope you all have been doing well in the past month or so. We have been fighting sickness in the Willard household.....still are. However, I think we are all over the hump and will be good as new within the next week! Yay! Since we have 6 of us in our family, it's easy for one person to get sick and then pass it to someone else a week or two later. Resulting in someone being sick constantly for weeks! Totally drives me crazy and I'm looking for immune boosting things online that I can order for my whole family to take. So if you know of anything that works great, please pass on that info. to me.

Baseball, baseball, baseball......I love baseball! Okay, I don't LOVE it. But my kids do and because they do, I do. You know?! My 12 yr. old has been playing "Fall Ball" and we just had our last game last night. I'm actually sad that it's over! I really do enjoy watching him play and have such a good time. I think sports is such a great way for kids to learn AND have fun at the same time. As long as it's about fun being the primary. I'm not one of those parents who screams at the top of my lungs at my son for making a mistake or not doing something "just right" or "the way it should be".......I HATE it when parents do that. I just tell him to practice, do the best he can, never give up, and have FUN. And he does have so much fun and I love every, single minute of it.

I am going to admit that I have never personally been on a missions trip. I know that one day I will, probably sooner rather than later. My hubby has a huge heart for going on missions trips. Not that I don't, it's just that he is really passionate about it. But I have always done my best to help support anyone I know who is going on one. Whether it's for 2 weeks or 2 years.....they all need support to be able to go and help others. I am very passionate about helping others whenever I can and I'm so grateful for my business because it allows me to do that all the time. It is my vehicle to help others....whether it is by doing a fundraiser for them, helping them feel better about themselves by correcting skin problems, or helping them build their own business to do with what they would like. I am truly blessed to have this opportunity on a daily basis and I never want to take it for granted.

I will be posting later about a specific missions trip that I am supporting right now and I pray that you will choose to participate. Thank you all so much for your support in what I do, it truly means the world to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment