Friday, December 11, 2009

What Women Want

I have been sitting here pondering about this post for several days. What do women want? Women are wonderful, they are selfless, they are joyous and would do anything for their loved ones. They will give and give and give. How many times have you, as a woman, continued to push through to meet the needs of everyone around you? But what do we do when we run out of, well, our giving? I can tell you that this week, I have run out. This week has been very stressful for me. My heart is always to give. That is the honest truth. I love giving to my children and my husband, I love giving to my friends and my extended family. I also love giving to someone I don't know. It warms my heart and I honestly believe that we all need to focus more on giving. But if you have run out of your "juice" so to speak, you won't be helping anyone. And I'm going to be totally honest here and tell you that I struggle with this. I struggle with being able to recognize when I need to have some me time. We all need it and we shouldn't feel guilty for taking it. But I do feel guilty. I think that I should be super woman and do it all, of course with a fabulous smile on my face, and never have to take time for myself. I don't even know where this mentality comes from, but I'm admitting here that I do indeed think this a lot. The big problem with that is that it doesn't work. I end up completely draining myself and having a semi-nervous breakdown. And trust me, this helps no one. Especially not my husband!

So, what can we do to take time for ourselves? Even if it's something that doesn't take that long, but it is still something just for yourself. I have to say that is one of the reasons that I feel so passionate about what I do for a living. I encourage women to take time for themselves. I encourage them to use products that are good for their skin, to take care of their skin. I encourage them to use products that will truly make them feel better about themselves. So take time for yourself. Do what I do. Tell your hubby and or your kids, or your friends, or your cell phone, etc. that you are going to take a bath. By yourself. With the door locked. And then actually DO it. I go in and just sit in the hot water, in the quiet. Even if it's just for 15-20 min. It makes me feel so much better. I then treat myself to a facial with all of my Mary Kay products. I come out of the bathroom within 30-40 min. feeling so much more refreshed. I just need to practice doing it MORE often.

I can tell you that the products that I am using have made such a difference in my appearance and my self-confidence. My husband told me the other day, "Honey, your skin really does look so much better." Yay for that! I encourage you to take a look at my products on my website, or just call me! It may sound weird, but it's not. It's my job and I am used to getting calls from people I have never met. And my first statement to ever woman is, "You don't have to buy anything." I am in the business of letting you sit down and have a good time and try all of our products first. I'm not going to chase you to your car with a sales ticket in my hand. I truly want you to take time for yourself and pamper yourself. If we do that and you don't want to buy anything, but you have a fabulous time, then my goal has been accomplished.

So I think that is what women want. They want time for themselves. This may not be the only thing that you want, but I would venture to guess that it's pretty high on your list. And my job is to encourage you to do it. So, that is my challenge to all of you this weekend. Take time for yourself, even if it's just for 30 min. locked in your bathroom. Trust me, you will feel better. And please contact me to find out what kind of skin care and beauty regimen is right for you. And I want to make sure that everyone who wants to have Mary Kay products, gets them. I have ways for you to get your product for free, so don't hesitate to call me. I want you to pamper yourself and feel better!

www.marykay.com/summerwillard

No comments:

Post a Comment