Monday, November 9, 2009

Beauty From The Inside Out

So I have been doing some thinking. As women we all have the desire to feel beautiful. At least I do, and I think most of you would agree that you do as well. We want to feel beautiful, be accepted and wanted. Even if we don't talk about it, we do. And you know this doesn't just involve skin care and make up. Do those products help us? Yes, they do. I know that when I'm taking care of my skin with my Mary Kay (yes I sell it, I'm going to put in a shameless plug) skincare product, I feel so much better. And I for sure love to use all of their make up. I just FEEL better. When you look better, you feel better. I started getting up every morning and using my Mary Kay skincare and makeup first thing. HUGE difference in how I feel throughout my day. And I mean huge. But is that all there is to feeling beautiful? No. Absolutely not. It's just part of it. We have to treat our inside well too. Let's face it, what we put in is displayed on the outside too. Plain and simple. It's what we eat and drink, the supplements that we may or may not take. These all play a part in how we feel, how we look. As well as taking time for yourself. If your so spent that the thought of washing your face at night before you go to bed is too overwhelming, you need some ME time! And trust me, I've been there. So I would like to talk about some things that we can do as women to feel better AND look better.

Here are some simple tips that I started doing every day about 6 months ago and it has helped me SO much. These aren't new revelations, they are all things that you have heard before. But seeing them listed out all together, sometimes it makes it easier to start doing. Not as overwhelming. At least that is how it is for me. If you give me a list, I can do anything. If you start talking and talking about all the things that I need to do to feel better, I get over whelmed and I won't do it. Anyway, here goes:

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day
-Take at least 20 min. of quiet time for yourself every day
-Try your best to eat healthy and balanced foods
-Consider taking a good multi-vitamin and some vitamin C
-Use sunscreen every day (HUGE for your skin in the long run)

These are the things that I started with. When I saw them listed out I was able to put this into perspective and feel like I could do these things. Drinking water has made me feel so much better and a lot of the time if I'm starting to feel yucky during the day, water helps me out. The quiet time has to really be quiet time. In other words, not in front of the TV, computer, kids, or while texting on your cell phone. You do nothing else but sit in quiet for 20 min. That's it. And yes, if you are busy like me it will be hard to find 20 min. of complete quiet. But it can be found. And it has even given me more energy on days when I feel completely wiped. Eating healthy is a hard one for me. I love food. All food. Foods that aren't good for you are my favorite. But I do the best I can to make well rounded choices and I have to say that it does make me feel better. And I can't imagine not taking my vitamins. They are a God send! Seriously. And sunscreen? SO important. In fact, as I began my Mary Kay career and started learning more and more about good quality skin care, that was one of the main focuses. In our training it is highly encouraged to add sunscreen to your daily routine. That is why we have moisturizers with added SPF. And I learned that a good skin care routine is so much more important than I ever knew. Including adding some form of foundation to your daily routine! It acts as a mask to help protect your skin from the environment and free radicals. And it can be a mineral based foundation for those of you who prefer that. We have that too!

Ok, so I'm not a Dr. These are just my opinions and you can take them or leave them. But I can tell you from my personal experience that these things made me feel SO much better. And look better. And yes this does include my Mary Kay product. Let's face it, there is only so much water you can drink and make up is so much more fun! I just wanted to share some of my thoughts with all of you on taking care of every aspect of yourselves in order to feel better and be beautiful. After all, don't we all want to feel and look beautiful? And I know as women we tend to put everyone else first and ourselves last. But we need to take time for ourselves and take care of ourselves. We will feel better and even be able to give more to others as a result.

Ok! I think that's it for now. I'm going to re-visit this topic in the future. I think that there are a lot of things that we as women can do to take better care of ourselves and lead a more balanced life. And what are your thoughts on the matter? I would really like to know what you think. And what is your routine? Do tell! And I wanted to let all of you know that I am giving a FREE gift with every $40 or more purchase right now. It's a good one too! The travel Satin Hands Pampering Set. This is a GREAT time to do some holiday shopping and get a free gift for yourself or for a loved one. Just go to my website to shop or contact me with any questions you may have. I'm here to help! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

www.marykay.com/summerwillard

No comments:

Post a Comment