Sunday, November 15, 2009

From My Heart To Yours

So I've been spending the past few weeks telling you about my business and my heart to give back to different organizations and ministries. I hope you had some time to check out the String Of Pearls Website as well as the RICE website. I truly want to give back on a regular basis and my prayer is that my business is going to grow so much that I can really make a difference. I'm giving back now, but I really hope that the Lord blesses this and it explodes! How awesome would that be?! So we have String Of Pearls and RICE so far. There are some other organizations that I would like to mention as well. You all who read MckMama's blog have heard of The Liz Logelin Foundation and Sufficient Grace. In fact, she posted recently about these two charities as well as String Of Pearls. She and her family donated $1 for every comment left on that post and each organization got 1/3 each! How awesome is that?! I had already planned on talking about The Liz Logelin Foundation on here, but after MckMama's post I'm also going to add Sufficient Grace to my list. I am always looking for new ways to give back and I think these charities are doing so much for others, it is my pleasure to give to them however I can. So, I'm going to tell you a little bit about the two that I haven't talked about on here so you can know for yourself who I'm supporting.

The Liz Logelin Foundation is a wonderful organization that a lot of you are probably familiar with. Every time I go to their website it truly touches my heart and I really want to do anything to help them. The following is their mission statement from their website:

The Liz Logelin Foundation was established to assist families who find themselves in the heartbreaking, catastrophic situation of having lost a spouse, life-partner, and parent. The Foundation’s goal is to financially assist these families as they deal with the loss of their loved ones, and struggle to move forward. The Foundation was established in 2009 by Matthew Logelin, who lost his wife Elizabeth in 2008.

You see Matthew and Elizabeth had a beautiful baby girl in 2008 and the next day Elizabeth went home to be with Jesus. He found support from his friends and family and also on his blog. He started this organization to help bring support to others who are experiencing a loss just like he did. I wholeheartedly support this foundation and I hope that you will take the time to go to his website and look around to learn more about them.

Now I have to be honest and say that I just learned about Sufficient Grace the other day on MckMama's blog, but I'm so glad that I did! Sufficient Grace Ministries for Women is a non-profit, non-denominational Christian organization, that was founded in 2004 by Kelly Gerken with the purpose of reaching out to women and families to offer comfort, encouragement and hope. The Dreams of You division of this ministry was created specifically to provide comfort to women and families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death. Bereaved parents are never asked to pay for any of their materials. They are supported through donations only. They also provides a quarterly newsletter, The Women's Edge, that supports women through biblical truth.

So now you know about these wonderful organizations! Please go to their websites to learn more or make a donation yourself. If we all give back, even just a little, it will make a HUGE difference. And know that I will be supporting these organizations through your purchases! It's a great time to buy Mary Kay with the holidays right around the corner! I also do a "Wish List" for people. This is where you contact me and let me know the products that you are interested in and give me the contact info. of your spouse, boyfriend, mom, sister, etc. THEN I contact them and tell them your Christmas list! It makes it so easy because you get the great products that you want, and they don't have to wonder what to get you! I do this for birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, etc. People are loving it and I'm happy to do it for you.

So, let's get to shopping! I will post this week about some Mary Kay products that I am using personally and give you the reviews. But don't wait for that, contact me today to make your purchase or ask me any questions. I look forward to being your personal beauty consultant! And as I said before, please check out the websites of the organizations that I have talked about to learn more. Thanks!

www.marykay.com/summerwillard

www.thelizlogelinfoundation.org
www.sufficientgrace.net
www.stringofpearlsonline.org
www.ricechildren.com

No comments:

Post a Comment